Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2011 Gratitude Challenge – November 1

 
 
A friend of mine (she’s an online friend and part of our TOS homeschool review crew leadership,  but I wish she was a friend in “real life”) is hosting the 2011 Gratitude Challenge through her blog at Garden of Learning.   For each day during November (or as many days as you can), post about something you’re thankful for, then link up your post for that day with that day’s post at Garden of Learning.   With Thanksgiving and Christmas swiftly approaching, I think this is a great idea to get our minds focused on the blessings we’ve received.
 
When I decided to participate, my first thoughts of gratitude were for earthly things – my family, a roof over my head, food on the table, income, our activities, etc.
 
I quickly realized that without one other thing, I’d likely have none of those things.
 
image
 
Over two thousand years ago, three crosses stood on a hill called Golgotha.  On the center cross, my Savior died to save me.  He gave His life to atone for my sins (and yours too) so that I could live forever in Heaven. 
 
I have seen the “place of the skull”.  I have stood beside it singing The Old Rugged Cross.  It is sobering to stand on the place that determined my future, the place where Jesus died.  Holy ground indeed.
 
Without His sacrifice I would have nothing, be worth nothing.
 
Thank you, Father, for sending Your Son to die on the cross for me.  Thank you, Jesus, for giving your life for me.  
 
I’m grateful today and every day for Jesus’ sacrifice, for God’s love, for Jesus’ resurrection, and for the assurance that after my earthly days are finished, I’ll spend eternity in Heaven.
 
I pray that everyone who reads this post has that same assurance.  (If you don’t, and you’d like to know how to have the thing that I’m most grateful for, please e-mail me.)
 
 
Please hop on the Gratitude Challenge!  Click HERE to link your November 1 gratitude post.

1 comment: