Friday, August 19, 2011

You know you’re exhausted when…

 

It has been a tough couple of weeks in our house (post on that to follow).  I spent the night in the hospital with Punkin Monday night – she was released to come home late Tuesday.  To say we were both exhausted would be a huge understatement.

Wednesday morning (late) I had my first shower in 48 hours.  As I’m shampooing my hair, it occurs to me that my shampoo smells sensational this morning.  I chalked it up to being grateful to get clean hair.  Next thought was how wonderful it was going to feel to open and use my brand new tube of Pear Raspberry body wash.

Oh.  So that’s why my shampoo smelled so spectacular this morning – it wasn’t actually my shampoo.

FYI, body wash does an incredible job as shampoo.

It’s always good to find humor in times like this.  I’d love to hear your faux pas that occurred as a result of exhaustion.  Let’s share, and share the laughter!

6 comments:

  1. You know you're exhausted when...

    ...you write on the electric bill, "Paid in fool" and then that day's date.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I can relate to that kind of tired!

    I'm so glad you're home! I hope your little Punkin is feeling better now, and that you are, too!

    You know you're tired when - a woman peers into your double stroller, coos at your newborn infants and says,
    "What beautiful twins! Is it a boy and a girl?"
    And you say "Yes, thank you!"
    ...But they are really identical boys!!

    (my husband still teases me about this, and it's been 11 years!)
    -Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I have so many of those I can't even think of what they are to list them. One that stands out is putting the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the pantry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to that. I once used shaving cream as mousse. Back into the shower I went. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least it was a good smell after that stressful time. Glad you are both back home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd post one but I'm too exhausted to think of one.. I'm so exhausted right now I will most likely commit some silly mistake. So far so good but there's lots of the day left.

    ReplyDelete