Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sunshine and swings…

 

Sweet sunshine streaming through the window, beckoning us outside. We can’t resist, so we venture to the park. The air, while not yet cool-crisp, offers a pleasant respite from the 100+-degree torture of the summer.

sunshine and swings

I watch as the girls squeal in delight on the swings, an empty swing beside them taunting me. My new resolve after vacation being to “say yes more”, I say “Yes!” to the swing and join my giggling girls in the pure joy of swinging on a sunny afternoon. I am carefree, if only for a moment, relishing the delight of the day.

A beautiful afternoon making simple memories – may there be thousands more like it.

6 comments:

  1. Fun! Some of our happiest vacation memories were of times at the playground together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! It's the simple things that make a difference to our kiddos! Great job on saying "yes"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often dream of being a kid again! I need to just slow down and enjoy life more. Will that day ever come? I guess I just need to make it happen. For my sake and my kid's sake. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it - say yes more. I'm aiming to do this too I'm not an outdoorsy person - it's a mood for me and I'm trying to say yes more to going outside and playing and now that the weather is cool I won't get sick I really have no excuse but I'd rather be inside curled up with a good book. Keep saying yes!

    Sarah B from the Crew

    ReplyDelete