Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just when you think...

Tonight as I was sitting on my living room floor, diligently trying to enter our next Sonlight Core into Homeschool Tracker, I heard Puddin say: "I'm so glad I know Jesus, or else I wouldn't get to go to Heaven." Then she continued: "But I'm sorry that Tutankhamun didn't know God, because I would have liked to have seen him in Heaven too."

Now, I didn't try to explain to her that we can't really know another person's heart and whether or not they know (or in Tut's case, knew) God. She's made up her own mind, based on what she saw and heard at the King Tut exhibit. Plus, there's really no sense arguing with Puddin - she seems to win more arguments than she loses.

But isn't it funny how out of the mouths of babes can come something that can erase (at least temporarily) all the bad things? Earlier tonight I was looking around feeling sorry for myself, feeling like a lousy mom - house is dirty, we're behind in homeschooling, we couldn't find Puddin's ballet bag today (so she had to do ballet in Punkin's ballet shoes and had to do tap barefooted), we had take-out for dinner, etc. Then Puddin utters those two sentences, and I remember that it's not the things of this earth that count - it's the eternal things. And Puddin's future is all settled, and her room is being prepared in Heaven - most likely it's pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment