Monday, April 4, 2011

Goal Planning Monday - 4.4.11





Here's my second post for Goal Planning MOnday.   How'd I do on my first goals which I set, ahem, over a month ago?  

Epic fail.  Almost.  I did manage to get our new mattresses ordered - this past Saturday, when I realized I wasn't going to be able to report that I accomplished any of my goals.  In 4-5 weeks, My Hero and I will be sleeping on a comfy, new mattress.  Did I mention that the mattress set we're using is the same one I purchased when I moved out on my own the first time 25 years?  It was time for a new mattress.  

Clean slate now.  No going back to the old goals, even  though they're in the back of my mind.

New goals for this week:

1 - avoid big projects at work.  I've been working 40+ hours a week since at least mid-January (often more than that - one week was 90 hours!), and I'm supposed to be part-time.  I miss my children.  I miss my family.  I miss my sleep!  So the goal this week is to avoid any more big projects and to attempt to communicate that I really want my part-time job back, at least for the foreseeable future.

2 - decide on color/stain for new kitchen cabinets.  All that overtime I've worked since January will be paying for new kitchen cabinets and new granite countertops.   I can't pick a granite color until we pick cabinets.  Maple or cherry?  I was sure My Hero would go for Maple, but lo and behold he picked cherry!  Now I'm afraid it will make my kitchen look like a cave if I pick the granite that was my favorite, because it's dark.  So, hopefully we'll have time this week to go look at cabinet options.

3 - clean the house.  You can imagine how it looks with me working so many hours.

4 - accomplish goal #3.  I thought cleaning the house deserved two spots on the goal list.

No more goals for this week.  I think that's enough!  

Hopefully I'll be more successful with this list than I was with the last one! 

Thanks to Mama Manuscripts for getting me started on goal setting Mondays!

No comments:

Post a Comment